My name is François Baelen I'm a french underwater photographer currently living in Reunion Island, in the western Indian Ocean.
I'm working there as a general practitioner, with a degree in Hyperbaric medicine.
However, I spend most of my free time underwater with my camera and one goal: to share with you my passion for the amazing marine life, from tiny nudibranchs to giant whales.
• Reunion Island Underwater Festival 2018 : Silver Whale
• Scubaverse monthly edition, novembre 2018 : 1st and 3rd places
• Scubaverse annual selection : 1st place
• Ocean Art 2019 : 1st place wide angle ; 3rd place behaviour
• UnderWater Photographer of the Year 2019: 1st place wide angle
• FEISME 2019 : 2nd place portfolio
• Festisub 2019 : 2nd place ocean duo
• FISM New Caledonia 2019 : 2nd place portfolio ; 3rd place macro